SCADA Pro Timber is a complete and comprehensive application for static and dynamic analysis and design of Timber structures according to Eurocodes and most European National Annexes.
It consists of the basic suite (SCADA Pro Analysis) and the additional tool about the design of timber structures according to EC5.A rich library of typical cross sections and ready to use templates is provided.
It also includes the production of the full report of the project.
- New and easy to use ribbon based interface, with navigation tree.
- Bidirectional mode for selection and modification of structural elements, in tree form or graphically, from the displayed model showing all properties.
- Display, at the right section of the window, of the properties of each entity for easy reference and editing.
- Capability of adjustment of the entity’s colors (e.g. columns, beams) as well as the interface according to the user needs.
- Automatic identification process of cross-sections and creation of the structural physical and mathematical model from a DXF or a DWG file.
- Unlimited number of nodes, linear and surface finite elements.
- Rich library of standard steel and mixed structures, with 3D- trusses, frames, 3d surfaces and masonry walls.
- Complete library of standard profiles of steel, timber, concrete, and arbitrary section profiles.
- Rich library of masonry units and mortars including the ability for the user to enter custom wall specifications.
- Unlimited capabilities of simulation for inclined beams, columns with arbitrary section, slabs with openings, shells, silos, mezzanines, swimming pools etc.
- Input of mixed structures made of concrete, steel, wood.
- Mixed and different level foundations with footings, beams on elastic foundation, connection beams, aft foundation, with full interaction superstructure – foundation.
- Mesh generation of surface finite elements automatically, with a single click, with automatic kerning at points of stress concentration. Direct identification and matching of nodes of linear and surface elements.
- All the types of linear and surface finite elements are included in order to model any complex structure.
- Linear Finite Elements: Truss, 3d-beam, 3d-beam on elastic foundation.
- Surface Finite Elements: Plane Stress, Plane Strain, Axisymmetric, Shell, and Solid Elements.
A new mesh generator of surface finite elements is provided. Surfaces of any shape may be modelled. Easy meshing no matter what the pattern of holes or stress concentration points are.
- Automatic mesh generation. The nodes of neighboring linear and surface elements are automatically coincide.
- Point insertion for the meshing adaptation around it. Capability for hole insertion in an already produced mesh.
- Contours concerning the stress resultants, the strains or the computed reinforcement percentage As may be drawn.
- Any kind of material may be attributed to a mesh.
- Unlimited number of loadings: snow, wind, temperature change, impact, fire, etc.
- All load types are supported, e.g. uniformly distributed forces, concentrated forces, nodal forces, torsional moments, settlement, thermal actions etc.
- Automatic calculation of masonry loads.
- Automatic generation of all combinations of loads, seismic and / or non-seismic based to EC0.
- Automatic import and calculation of wind and snow loads according to EC1.
- Three-dimensional representation, of the load of the structure, on the respective members, for direct supervision and control.
- Display messages for potential errors, in model geometry of structure and the loads of beams and columns.
Input of slabs and slab loads
- Automatic recognition of slabs and their respective support conditions.
- Modeling of slabs of any shape.
- Automatic calculation of thickness based on control of slenderness.
- Input of slabs in total or selectively.
- Input of ribbed slabs (Zoellner, sandwich).
- Display of yield lines and automatic attribution of slab loads to respective bearing beams.
All the types of analysis are included:
- Linear simplified spectral method (Equivalent spectral method).
- Linear dynamic spectral method.
- Linear and Nonlinear dynamic time-history method of the response of the structure based on accelerometer graphs, with direct integration of the equations of motion.
Multithreading CPU – GPU accelerated analysis
- Accelerate the analysis of very large models using either a multicore processor of a pc (CPU) or a graphics processor (GPU) taking advantage of the analysis solver parallelism.
- 64-bit technology for ultimate accuracy and speed.
Analysis - Seismic design – Checks (EC8)
- Spectra design and checks based on EC8 and national annexes. Ability to import spectrum from the user.
- Categorization of the structure model based on regulations provided in EC8.
- Carry out all the checks provided by EC8 (regularity in plan and Elevation, construction type, etc.) and the national annexes.
- Automatic creation and calculation of load combinations for both limit states (ULS and SLS).
Results - Post Processing
- Three-dimensional view of the structure as a mathematical and a physical model.
- View of loads, internal forces diagrams and deformations to members of the structure, of any load, combination or envelope.
- Two-dimensional and Three-dimensional view of loads, diagrams and deformations.
- Displaying the results of internal forces, deformations and reinforcement of surface finite element in form of contour curves.
- Deformation state of structural model with movement in space for any load condition, combination or eigenvalue.
- Input, analysis, and design of timber structures based on EC5. Simulation of timber structures using a rich library of standard cross sections.
- Elastic analysis (linear material simulation)· linear elastic analysis with limited redistribution influence of the connections deformations.
- Comprehensive material and cross section library
- Design of user-defined cross-sections
- All required design checks are performed:
Design of a cross-section for the ultimate limit state
Resistance checks of a cross section under tension / compression parallel / vertical to the fibers, bending / shear / torsion resistance check, check of a cross section under combined stress (compressive stresses inclined to the fiber, combined bending and axial tension/compression).
Design of a structural member for the ultimate limit state (member stability)
Column design check in compression or under combined compression and bending (compression buckling), beam design check in bending or in combination of bending and compression (lateral-torsional buckling).
Design for the serviceability limit state
Deflection control· vibration control.
Fire resistance check
Report of the project
- User friendly interface for the creation and editing of the report. Selection of the chapters to be included in the report.
- Automatic creation of the report, based on relevant regulations.
- Many capabilities in editing the report: header and footer tools, chapter positioning, table of contents etc.
- Use of a stand-alone user interface for the preview of the report. Export in one of the following file formats: RTF, PDF, HTML, PPRT, XLSX.