SCADA Pro Masonry is a complete and comprehensive application for static and dynamic analysis and design of masonry structures according to Eurocode 6 and most European National Annexes.
- New and easy to use ribbon based interface, with navigation tree.
- Bidirectional mode for selection and modification of structural elements, in tree form or graphically, from the displayed model showing all properties.
- Display, at the right section of the window, of the properties of each entity for easy reference and editing.
- Capability of adjustment of the entity’s colors (e.g. columns, beams) as well as the interface according to the user needs.
- Automatic identification process of cross-sections and creation of the structural physical and mathematical model from a DXF or a DWG file.
- Unlimited number of nodes, linear and surface finite elements.
- Rich library of standard steel and mixed structures, with 3D- trusses, frames, 3d surfaces and masonry walls.
- Complete library of standard profiles of steel, timber, concrete, and arbitrary section profiles.
- Rich library of masonry units and mortars including the ability for the user to enter custom wall specifications.
- Unlimited capabilities of simulation for inclined beams, columns with arbitrary section, slabs with openings, shells, silos, mezzanines, swimming pools etc.
- Input of mixed structures made of concrete, steel, wood.
- Mixed and different level foundations with footings, beams on elastic foundation, connection beams, aft foundation, with full interaction superstructure – foundation.
- Mesh generation of surface finite elements automatically, with a single click, with automatic kerning at points of stress concentration. Direct identification and matching of nodes of linear and surface elements.
- All the types of linear and surface finite elements are included in order to model any complex structure.
- Linear Finite Elements: Truss, 3d-beam, 3d-beam on elastic foundation.
- Surface Finite Elements: Plane Stress, Plane Strain, Axisymmetric, Shell, and Solid Elements.
A new mesh generator of surface finite elements is provided. Surfaces of any shape may be modelled. Easy meshing no matter what the pattern of holes or stress concentration points are.
- Automatic mesh generation. The nodes of neighboring linear and surface elements are automatically coincide.
- Point insertion for the meshing adaptation around it. Capability for hole insertion in an already produced mesh.
- Contours concerning the stress resultants, the strains or the computed reinforcement percentage As may be drawn.
- Any kind of material may be attributed to a mesh.
- Unlimited number of loadings: snow, wind, temperature change, impact, fire, etc.
- All load types are supported, e.g. uniformly distributed forces, concentrated forces, nodal forces, torsional moments, settlement, thermal actions etc.
- Automatic calculation of masonry loads.
- Automatic generation of all combinations of loads, seismic and / or non-seismic based to EC0.
- Automatic import and calculation of wind and snow loads according to EC1.
- Three-dimensional representation, of the load of the structure, on the respective members, for direct supervision and control.
- Display messages for potential errors, in model geometry of structure and the loads of beams and columns.
Input of slabs and slab loads
- Automatic recognition of slabs and their respective support conditions.
- Modeling of slabs of any shape.
- Automatic calculation of thickness based on control of slenderness.
- Input of slabs in total or selectively.
- Input of ribbed slabs (Zoellner, sandwich).
- Display of yield lines and automatic attribution of slab loads to respective bearing beams.
All the types of analysis are included:
- Linear simplified spectral method (Equivalent spectral method).
- Linear dynamic spectral method.
- Linear and Nonlinear dynamic time-history method of the response of the structure based on accelerometer graphs, with direct integration of the equations of motion.
Multithreading CPU – GPU accelerated analysis
- Accelerate the analysis of very large models using either a multicore processor of a pc (CPU) or a graphics processor (GPU) taking advantage of the analysis solver parallelism.
- 64-bit technology for ultimate accuracy and speed.
Analysis - Seismic design – Checks (EC8)
- Spectra design and checks based on EC8 and national annexes. Ability to import spectrum from the user.
- Categorization of the structure model based on regulations provided in EC8.
- Carry out all the checks provided by EC8 (regularity in plan and Elevation, construction type, etc.) and the national annexes.
- Automatic creation and calculation of load combinations for both limit states (ULS and SLS).
- Inspection criteria for unfavorable presence of infill walls of the existing structure and automatic checks of their resistance at every step of Pushover based on what is provided in national regulations.
Results - Post Processing
- Three-dimensional view of the structure as a mathematical and a physical model.
- View of loads, internal forces diagrams and deformations to members of the structure, of any load, combination or envelope.
- Two-dimensional and Three-dimensional view of loads, diagrams and deformations.
- Simulation of masonry structures with 3d finite surface elements.
- Automatic generation of three-dimensional structural model from a simple outline plan. Parametric definition of wall openings.
- Rich library of stonemasonry and mortars including the ability for the user to enter custom wall specifications.
- Ability of simulation and confined masonry combined with finite surface and linear elements.
- Design and carry out all the checks provided by the EC6:
- Check in plane bending, checkout of plane bending parallel to the horizontal joint,check out of plane bending perpendicular to the horizontal joint, shear verification, testing to vertical loads on the top, middle, and bottom of the wall.
Assessment – Redesign (EC8, Part 3)
- All design checks are considered according to EC8, Part 3, about the assessment and the redesign of the existing bearing masonry structures. The checks of the piers and the spandrels are applied automatically.
- Reinforcement of masonry by applying single or double leaf reinforced concrete jacket with increase of the corresponding compressive or shear strength of the structural element.
Report of the project
- User friendly interface for the creation and editing of the report. Selection of the chapters to be included in the report.
- Automatic creation of the report, based on relevant regulations.
- Many capabilities in editing the report: header and footer tools, chapter positioning, table of contents etc.
- Use of a stand-alone user interface for the preview of the report. Export in one of the following file formats: RTF, PDF, HTML, PPRT, XLSX.
- Well organized, tabulated results of the design of loadbearing masonry structures. Accompanying drawings and other details for better comprehension.