The additional tool (add-on) about the design of Timber structures includes the design of the timber structures according to EC5.
Structures Design (EC5)
- Input, analysis, and design of timber structures based on EC5. Simulation of timber structures using a rich library of standard cross sections.
- Elastic analysis (linear material simulation)· linear elastic analysis with limited redistribution influence of the connections deformations.
- Comprehensive material and cross section library
- Design of user-defined cross-sections
- All required design checks are performed:
Design of a cross-section for the ultimate limit state
Resistance checks of a cross section under tension/compression parallel/vertical to the fibers, bending/shear/torsion resistance check, check of a cross section under combined stress (compressive stresses inclined to the fiber, combined bending and axial tension/compression).
Design of a structural member for the ultimate limit state (member stability)
Column design check in compression or under combined compression and bending (compression buckling), beam design check in bending or in combination of bending and compression (lateral-torsional buckling).
Design for the serviceability limit state
Deflection control· vibration control.
Fire resistance check
Report of the project
- User friendly interface for the creation and editing of the report. Selection of the chapters to be included in the report.
- Automatic creation of the report, based on relevant regulations.
- Many capabilities in editing the report: header and footer tools, chapter positioning, table of contents etc.
- Use of a stand-alone user interface for the preview of the report. Export in one of the following file formats: RTF, PDF, HTML, PPRT, XLSX.